Community Content Programs allow fans to create and sell their own content using the official content published by various IPs. Through the program, you will (soon) be able to create and sell your own content for use on Roll20! Create Roll20 Art Packs, Token Marker Sets, Adventures, Rulebook Addons, VTT Play Aids, and Product Packages that will be listed and sold at Supported Marketplaces such as DMsGuild.com and PathfinderInfinite.com. Fans who purchase your content can also unlock it for play under their Roll20 account as part of their purchase at those other marketplaces.
We’ve created an initial FAQ for expected questions. Once we have more details in January, we’ll update this page and relay the information to you.
Who can participate?
Anyone! You just need a Roll20 Partner account and a Community Content Program creator account (DMsGuild, Pathfinder Infinite).
What if I am not a current Roll20 Partner?
- Roll20 will assist Community Creators with onboarding
- Roll20 Partner Marketplace FAQ
- How to Apply to Sell on the Roll20 Marketplace
What if I am not a current Community Content Program Creator?
For DMsGuild Content
- Visit this “Getting Started” page to ensure you understand the DMsGuild guidelines and learn exactly how to get started.
- DMsGuild Creator FAQ
For Pathfinder Infinite Content
- Visit the Getting Started Page to ensure you understand the Pathfinder Infinite guidelines and learn exactly how to get started.
- Pathfinder Infinite Content Creator Questions Page
Will our current royalty splits be honored?
- Yes. Because purchases will be made on those Supported Marketplaces (DMsGuild, Pathfinder Infinite) and not on Roll20, all existing royalty splits within our system will be honored.
What Types of IP Content can be used in a Roll20 Module/Addon?
The content standards will be dependent on the terms of each Community Content Program
- Content and Setting Guidelines for DMsGuild will apply.
- Content Guidelines for Pathfinder Infinite will apply.
No Artwork from IP Compendium content can be utilized in Addons and Modules.
You can utilize IP Compendium text and statblock content to have functioning Character Entries in your Addons and Modules. You will need to replace Token art with your own content.
When is this all rolling out?
- You can start building content on Roll20 right now.
- Item listings can be created on the Roll20 side to generate a UUID (Universally Unique ID) which can then be plugged into a newly created Title on DMsGuild/Pathfinder Infinite's Marketplace.
- You can read about the process here in the Building, Submitting, and Activating Marketplace Titles article.
- Admins of your respective Community Content programs will reach out to those who have their Roll20-linked Titles set up. They will coordinate together towards activating and promoting your content when this official marketplace launch draws close.
How do I Create Supported Content on Roll20?
Selling on Roll20
- Create a Publisher Profile where you can link to your Website, Social Media, etc.
- Access Marketplace back-end permissions that allow you to build VTT listings
- Working with a Third-Party Contractor? We’ll help you grant them access to build your content.
- Have complete control over your titles, including access to edit and/or remove them
- Provide access to all active UUIDs (A Universally Unique ID that links your products across Marketplaces)
You may prefer not to have your own Seller Account on Roll20 and instead have your Third-Party Contractor create your titles and listings on their existing Roll20 Seller account. The contractor will then provide you with your UUID(s) once your VTT product is activated.
You must follow these criteria if you choose to go through your contractor for the listing of your content on the Roll20 Marketplace:
- You must both agree that this is your preferred method.
- Since the sale of your product is still being conducted on the Supported Marketplace, this will not affect your payments.
- Optional: if your Contractor also has their own account on the Supported Marketplace, they could manage and set up the title with a royalty split for your payments.
To learn more about any of the following, please reference this article.
- Building/Editing Your Listing
- Setting Up Listings by their Item Type
- Submitting your Item for Approval
- Activating Your Item on the Marketplace
- Linking and Activating Supported Marketplace Content